Alchemy's Grapefruit Hair Remedy is a blend of five oils and nothing else - no silicons, sulphates or parabens, all ingredients I do my best to avoid, which is a good start as far as I'm concerned. The oils used, and their properties, are as follows:
• Grapefruit Essential Oil cleanses the scalp and hair, removing product build-up, as well as lending a lovely citrussy scent to the product. It also stimulates hair follicles to increase hair's growth rate and treat dandruff.
• Coconut oil is easily absorbed by the hair shaft to strengthen, whilst also protecting from pollution and heat. Coconut oil is also good for reducing dandruff.
• Avocado oil improves hair's ability to retain moisture, as well as unclogging blocked hair follicles.
• Almond oil smoothes the hair cuticle, and also improves circulation to the scalp, leading to reduced inflammation and improved growth rates.
• Castor oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties to improve scalp health. It also locks moisture into the hair and promotes growth.
So, all in all, an impressive list of ingredients which seem to combine to give the perfect hair treatment!
Overall, Alchemy's Grapefruit Hair Remedy seems to be a product that will suit all hair types, used as a pre-wash treatment on drier scalps and hairs, or as a post-wash leave-in treatment on oilier hair. Alchemy's Grapefruit Hair Remedy is priced at £17.99 for 100ml, a really generously-sized bottle which I see lasting me a long time! What's your favourite hair oil? Have you tried Alchemy's?
[*Please note this product was provided for review purposes; as always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.]