• Throw some more things away: Yeah. I don't think I did this. What can I say? I'm a terrible person. I do need to have a good clear-out thought so I'll be carrying this one over to November!
So all in all, I don't feel like I did too badly in October; I've also been making good use of my gym membership and have been swimming three or four times each week, as well as managing a couple of nice walks. Excitingly, there's the possibility of a paid role (one or two days per week) coming out of a voluntary position I've had for almost a year, working with young people with eating disorders. I'm not 100% certain yet on where that's going to go but the potential is exciting! I've also been doing some extra hours at my paid job in an office/admin role which has made a nice change.... And I gave blood, which is something I've been meaning to do for ages but have never got round to til now. So I'm quite pleased with myself for that one! Heading into November I'm setting myself a few more goals:
• Renew gym membership & keep going regularly: Fairly self-explanatory, this one! My gym offers a six-week membership which includes access to the gym & pool for less than £30 which is an absolute bargain - as long as I go regularly! Since I don't start work til 3pm most days, I really have no excuse, and I have been feeling really good through October when I've been swimming a few times a week. It's ace seeing my fitness improve! I'm aiming to continue going at least three times a week as this is easily achievable for me.
• Start Christmas shopping: This is a big commitment for me as I hate Christmas until mid-December at the earliest, but I feel like I need to get organised this year. I haven't really got any gifts planned yet but I'm putting together a few gift guides over the next week or so - as much for my own inspiration as for anyone else's! So hopefully, by the end of the month, I'll have at least a few gifts purchased. I have a penfriend in Sweden so hers will need to be posted fairly early!
• Have a clothing clear-out: My wardrobe is overflowing and as much as I try to blame my Mum (we do share a wardrobe; she has six inches on the left and the rest is my stuff...), that's unfair and I need to have a clear-out. There's stuff in there that I've worn once, six years ago, and am clearly never going to wear again - it needs to go! Anything donate-able, I'll be taking to the charity shop - anything else can go straight in the bin.
• Have a general clear-out: See last month's uncompleted goals - I have way too much stuff and some of it has to go. It's probably time to accept I'm never going to read all these magazines (I only bought them for the freebies, let's be honest!) and just get rid.
How did you get on with your goals in October? Are you setting yourself any this month? I'd love to hear what you've got planned, as well as any tips for achieving your goals!