- What is your favourite drugstore line of eyeshadow? This is a tough one, as I don't really have one brand that I'm loyal to... However I have a few Makeup Revolution palettes and I do think they're all fab, so I guess if push came to shove, I'd probably have to choose MR.
- What is your favourite eyeshadow primer?
- What is your first ever eyeshadow purchase and do you still use it? I honestly can't remember my first-ever eyeshadow purchase! I do remember having a Maybelline eye quad in a green colourway when I was about 16 - I'd say it was a dubious selection of shades but I loved them at the time... and would probably still wear them now! I have no idea what happened to that quad.
- What is the best eyeshadow dupe you found?
- Which is the most underrated eyeshadow? Another tricky question! Especially being part of the blogging community, I don't really find that products get underrated very often - if a product is good, we all want a piece of that hype! Can I name an overrated eyeshadow instead? For me, that would have to be my Charlotte Tilbury palette, as I was just so disappointed with the formula and pigmentation of the shadows.
- What are your favourite single shadows? I don't own all that many single shadows to be honest, and the ones I do own don't get used very often... Having had a little dig through my stash I've come across this Maybelline Eye Studio Mono Eyeshadow in the shade 'Silken Taupe'*, which I do love; it's a very easy shade to wear. There are very few single shadows that I own more than one of from the same line, though.
- What is your favourite cream eyeshadow? I don't own a huge number of cream eyeshadows but the two I find myself reaching for almost daily are GOSH's Forever Eyeshadow Stick in 'Beige', mentioned above, and Wild About Beauty's Creme Eyeshadow in 'Edna' which is a slightly deeper shade with a bit less shimmer. I love both pretty much equally, although the GOSH one is definitely more affordable and has the benefit of not needing a brush to apply due to its stick format.
- What is your favourite neutral eyeshadow? Why are all these questions so difficult!? I have so many neutral shadows and they do tend to be what I wear the most as they're work-appropriate. At the moment I'm really loving Stila's 'Kitten' which I have in their In The Light palette. It's so easy to wear and a really beautiful shade! (It's the one in the top row that I've hit pan on...)
- What is your favourite coloured eyeshadow? I don't wear coloured eyeshadow as much as I'd like these days (see above - I always seem to be at work so I just don't seem to get chance. Sad times!) but I do have a bit of a thing for a pop of colour on my lids! Some of my favourites for when I'm being a bit more adventurous are MAC's 'Cranberry', W7's Purple Haze Quad*, and this Born Pretty Cream Eyeshadow Pen* I was recently sent.
- What is the best eyeshadow palette ever? I think the most versatile palette I own is probably my Makeup Revolution Beyond Flawless palette, which has a gorgeous selection of shades. For me, there's something for every occasion, from subtle barely-there shades right through to more dramatic looks. So on those grounds I'd choose Beyond Flawless.
I don't tend to use a dedicated eyeshadow primer because I'm far too lazy, but recently I have been layering a cream eyeshadow under powder shadows - mainly because I really like the look it gives rather than for priming purposes, but whatever. I really like GOSH's Forever Eyeshadow Stick in 'Beige' for this, and Born Pretty's Love Alpha Frozen Eye Colours*.
I can't say I've ever really looked for dupes; I tend to favour more budget-friendly products but I've never really been too fussy about "duping" higher-end products! That said, I did post about Makeup Revolution's Awesome Metals Eye Foil last year, which is meant to be a dupe for Stila's Magnificient Metals shadows - but since I don't own the Stila version, I can't really say for sure... I also have two supposed dupes of Urban Decay's Naked3 palette (W7 In The Nude & Makeup Revolution Iconic 3) but I don't think either of them really live up to the quality you'd be getting with the original - I don't have Naked3 but have Naked2 and the quality is way better than these "dupes".