[Photo credit Creative Convex. Edited by myself.]01. Cleaning. I quite enjoy cleaning anyway but there's nothing like a form I'm meant to be filling in to make me want to hoover the stairs, wash my make-up brushes or re-organise my (somewhat excessive) collection of body butters!
02. Online shopping. My bank balance hates me for this, I'm sure, but somehow I always remember about that amazing cushion I'd saved in my wishlist when there's a time-sensitive task in hand.
03. Do (and then re-do) my make-up. There's nothing like a killer smokey eye and/or razor-sharp eyeliner flicks to motivate you to get shit done. But they have to be perfect. Obviously.
04. Applying for jobs. I know I need to get tomorrow's blog post scheduled, so now is clearly the ideal time to search for my dream job and get my application submitted.
05. Writing blog posts. There's a job I need to apply for or an interview I ought to prepare for, so I definitely need to write up my post for a week next Wednesday...
[Photo credit Creative Convex.]06. Instagram. I've been trying to make more of an effort to interact on Instagram and comment on people's photos. It doesn't necessarily need to be done when there's something more important to get on with... But somehow that's the most appealing time!
07. Sleep. Ahhh, the procrastanap; a student favourite, I am not above avoiding adult responsibilities by sleeping! It may be almost three years since I finished my Masters, but I'm still mourning the loss of my student discount and I'm still woefully bad at mornings.
08. WhatsApping. You know when you suddenly realise you've not spoken to such and such a body in a few weeks? What better time to say hi and have a catch-up than when you really ought to be doing something productive with your time?!
09. Planning my lottery win. This is an important consideration! Obviously I'd pay off my student loans first, but what to do with what's left...?! What do I do first - holiday? Do my parents' house up for them? Buy a house of my own? I feel this may be a better use of my time if I actually played the lottery but that's neither here nor there.
10. Learn something new. There is an ideal time to learn how to do calligraphy, or count to ten in Italian, or make macarons. Obviously, that time is now.
What about you - are there any things you always find yourself doing when there's something you really should be doing? What are your favoured forms of procrastination? Let me know!
[*Post contains affiliate links.]