• Finish at least one book. I've set myself an achievable target of twelve books in 2017 - one book a month should be doable, right!? I've currently got three on the go, so I need to finish at least one in January.
• Run 5km continuously inside 30 minutes. Having basically not run for two months due to shin splints, I'm trying to pick things back up a little now, and am hoping to slowly build my distances back up throughout January. Hopefully, by the end of the month, I'll be able to run 5km again without having to stop and walk!
• Use ten sample sachets. After my poor sample performance in December (zero sachets used. Shameful.) I'm hoping to start 2017 by clearing out all the samples I'm hoarding for no readily apparent reason. I've got everything from eye cream to perfume test strips to cleansing oils to body lotion - time to start seriously working through them!
• No unnecessary purchases. After treating myself to an Olympus Pen camera at the end of December, I need to make sure I'm good with money this month - which means no popping to the shop on my lunch break and spending a tenner on miscellaneous bits I don't really need.
• Get my diet on track. I guess this is a fairly typical January goal, but after the gluttony that was Christmas, it's time to sort out what I'm eating and start making healthier choices - I'm cutting out chocolate again and I'm going to make more of an effort to take healthier lunches to work (and buy less cake, which fits in with the no unnecessary purchases goal too!) I'm also aiming to cut out fizzy drinks, as I've developed a bad habit of buying myself a bottle of Coke at lunchtime...
Are you setting yourself any goals for January? What's the number one thing you'd like to achieve this month?